Week 1 Intro - Cookies
Snickers Cookies - Inspired by chocolate chip cookies, and my favorite candy bar, I made some snickers cookies. The chocolate chip cookie recipe came from my old Children's Step-By-Step Cookbook.
I'm a "crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside" cookie kinda person, so I like to make them in a cupcake pan. Try it out with your favorite candy :)
- 1/4 lb. softened butter (1 stick)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 bag "fun-sized" Snickers cut into small bits
- Beat together the butter and both sugars in a large bowl, until creamy.
- Break the egg into the bowl, and beat in until smooth. Then add the vanilla extract and mix it in.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Then fold into the butter mixture until smooth.
- Add the candy pieces, and mix in evenly.
- Butter the cupcake tin, and spoon in the cookie batter.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 375 degrees.